About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Homemade Advent Calendar

This year, I decided to make an advent calendar! I included a couple little gifts for my family, but for most days I put an activity that we could do together!


I simply taped together 4 pieces of pretty scrapbook paper, and glued envelopes and boxes to them. Then, I numbered each envelope and box and filled them with treats and activities!

Here is what I put in each day:

Day 1 –Make Christmas cookies
Day 2 – Sticky note set
Day 3 –Make a Gingerbread house
Day 4 – Do “The Nutcracker” art project
Day 5 – Listen to the “Charlie Brown Christmas” soundtrack
Day 6 – “Walk down memory lane” scrapbook viewing
Day 7 – Drink hot chocolate with candy canes and marshmallows
Day 8 – Watch “Christmas Through the Years” slideshow
Day 9 – Make paper snowflakes
Day 10 – Get Christmas cake pops at Starbucks
Day 11 – Eat Christmas tree-shaped chocolates
Day 12 – Drink hot apple cider
Day 13 – Finish wrapping any presents
Day 14 – Drive around and look at Christmas lights
Day 15 – Make shapes with cookie cutters and playdough
Day 16 – Decorate paper wreaths
Day 17 – Eat Christmas tree-shaped cheese crackers
Day 18 – Make paper Christmas trees
Day 19 – Color in Christmas coloring pages
Day 20 – Take Christmas-y pictures/selfies together
Day 21 – Watch Christmas movies
Day 22 – Decorate paper Christmas sweaters
Day 23 – Open one Christmas present early
Day 24 – Pick one thing from stocking

Day 25 – Tiny nativity scene

No comments:

Post a Comment