About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

"Open When..." Letters

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share what is probably my favorite cutesy little gift I've ver made:

A box of "Open When..." Letters!







I made this for my boyfriend this year, and I would highly recommend it. I got the idea from Pinterest, but of course came up with my own topics and ideas of things to put inside the envelopes..

Basically, the idea here is to give someone who's long distance, or who you don't see as often as you like, a box of letters that can be opened on different occasions, or when they're in certain moods.

This project was perfect for me because I only get to see him on weekends, and because I love to express my feelings in writing. I started working on it months ago - I found a bunch of different cute cards and gradually started writing in them, whenever inspiration struck.

Here are the topics I used:

1. When you get this/Valentine’s Day
2. When you want to know how I see you
3. When you’re feeling sentimental
4. When I just left after seeing you
5. When you’re feeling romantic
6. When you’re about to fall asleep 
7. When you want to know how much I love you
8. When you want to hear how attractive you are
9. When you’re feeling very serious
10. When you just left after visiting
11. When you need someone to talk to
12. When we get off the phone
13. When you need to know how amazing you are
14. When you feel alone
15. When you need a smile
16. When you miss me 
17. When you’ve had a bad day 
18. When you’re bored 
19. When we’re about to see each other 
20. When it’s our anniversary

Inside each envelope, I also included a trinket of some sort. Some examples include: Sweethearts, Altoids (with cute sayings), gum, stickers (of things he likes or that remind me of him), pieces of paper with my kiss mark in lipstick, pictures of me, pictures of us, a wooden heart, a silly haiku I wrote, a tea bag, a coaster, some bubble wrap... basically just whatever I could think of that would fit!

I wrote 20 letters, tiny writing, top to bottom, so it definitely took awhile! But it was really fun. And what I love most about this gift is that you can put any kind of spin on it you want!


No comments:

Post a Comment