About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Stencil DIY Project

This is a really simple "do it yourself" project that I made recently for my mom. Because I'm technically an adult but still do things like that;) I don't have the most artistic talent, but I still love doing art projects! So this easy project was perfect for me.

All you need is some sort of piece of wood (I got a thin, pretty small one from an arts and crafts store), whatever colors of paint you want (my mom and I are both big fans of pink and turquoise), some brushes, and a stencil kit!

The one I used says "I love you a bushel and a peck." it also came with an assortment of designs, and the words "you are my sunshine." I put the "you are my sunshine" on the back, and alternated the colors - turquoise words and pink background. (It didn't work quite as well since I had to put many more coats of pink, so that's something to keep in mind!)

All you have to do is paint the board the color of your choice for the words and designs, and then put whatever stencils you want over it, painting another color that will become the background over that (again, probably the darker color).

It comes out pretty cute, and is definitely something I think would be fun to do with kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment