About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

An Introduction:

I’ve always wanted to have a blog (I’ve started a couple, none have stuck) but when I asked myself why that is, I realized none of the others have had a clear purpose, and I never seemed able to make time for them. But now I am finishing up my B.A. (one more semester until I graduate!) and will soon be starting my teaching credential and then, after a year, will hopefully have my own classroom. The thought of this both excites and terrifies me, and I realized that I want to document it (even if no one ever reads it).
Although I am not teaching yet, I have tutored since I was in junior high, and have both volunteered and worked in classrooms, daycares, and tutoring centers. I hope to share some tips I have learned from those experiences, as well as what I have learned while working on my degree in Education. As I am finishing up school, I’ll document and share tips on an Education major, applying for and getting into a good credential program, and eventually, the joys and trials of student teaching.
My take on teaching differs slightly from the average teacher because unlike most teachers I’ve met, I’m quiet and reserved, and place a large emphasis on the prettiness and softness of the teaching environment. I don’t like to talk in front of people, so the thought of 20-something faces looking up at me is horrifying -- but I adore children enough to face this fear. At the tutoring center I worked at, I was known as the cutesy, “magical” one. I’m told the children there still ask about me after many months, remembering my “pretty dresses” and “fun games”. That is the kind of vibe I want to bring to this blog -- I hope this will be a place of sweet little lesson ideas, cute teacher-y outfits, darling classroom decor, and general whimsy.
Thanks for stopping by! - Miss Aly;)

No comments:

Post a Comment