About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Love for Teaching

I’ve wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. Like many of us future teachers, I spent many hours as a child forcing my family to be my “class” and play “school” with me. When they grew tired of the game, I’d set up my stuffed animals (who were very good listeners, but didn’t participate quite as much as my mom and brother) and lecture to them instead.
My mom is a teacher, and she would often receive catalogs for teaching supplies, which I would steal, and spend hours carefully pouring over. I’d sit there with my Lakeshore, excitedly highlighting the products I would want in my classroom, and tearing out or dog-earing the items that I found particularly alluring.
In 4th grade, I started making up seating charts for the kids in my class. I wrote out all of their names, color-coded based on which “friend group” they belonged to. Then I drew out table groups, and put one child from each category at a table group, to ensure that no group would be too chatty.

I’m excited to begin my real teaching journey, and to share my experiences here!

No comments:

Post a Comment