About Me

My photo
I am a future teacher who values whimsy in the classroom!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Dorm Decor

I just moved back into school for my final semester of college (yay!) and thought I'd share some of me tips for making a boring dorm room as cute as possible.

Many dorm rooms start off pretty ugly (mine has black blinds and dark blue carpeting... which is the worst combination and impossible to keep clean) so it's important to combat that with as much prettiness as possible!


This is my bed. I hung white Christmas lights around it like every basic college girl does, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with the Hello Kitty Posters;) I found this turquoise blanket at Kohl's and it's super soft and cute, so I keep it on top of my comforter. I also got the most adorable pillows from Typo. They're reversible, which is awesome. One of them features ice cream, donuts, and sprinkles on one side, and a smiley face with donut eyes on the back. The other one has a horse on it with an ice cream cone making it a unicorn, and turquoise wth white polka dots on the other side. Plus I keep my little cloud pillow that I sleep with every night, a pink puppy my brothers got me for my birthday years ago, and a pink bear that my boyfriend won me on the boardwalk on my bed.

 

I'm also kind of obsessed with my desk. I keep my backpack and purse hung on a hook on the left side of it, and on the right side I have my calendar. On the top, I have pictures of my family, and various knick knacks. On the desk part I have a white board where I write my countdowns, a board with all of my photobooth pictures on it, my hair things, and a push pin board that came of the dorm desk, which I use to display little cards with bible verses and inspiring quotes. 





Just like with my bed, I have little sentimental things that remind me of the people I love on my desk! I definitely think that's the most important thing to remember to do when decorating a dorm room. In the pictures you can see that I have a build-a-bear bunny that has my boyfriend's voice recorded on it, a little donkey that my best friend gave me when she got married, and of course lots of pictures!


 
 

Around the room I have a bunch of Lisa Frank "posters" (I ripped pictures out of a big calendar) and little whimsical details. I moved the set of drawers from under my desk and put them by my bed as a nightstand, and found a pink table runner at the Dollar Tree to make it cuter. I also keep all my ugly extension cords in a little pink and white container, and have a pink and white striped laundry basket to match!







No comments:

Post a Comment